When your floors are starting to smell, this could be a clear sign that it’s time for a deep cleaning. Your next call should be to a professional tile and grout cleaning company.
When you walk into your home, do you smell a funk that doesn’t seem to go away? If you have tile and grout, this could be culprit! Like carpets, tile floors can lock in smells from shoes, feet, spilled food and drinks and even water that gets trapped during mopping.
You’d be surprised to learn all the bacteria that’s inside of your tile floors. In a study recently done by the University of Arizona, nine different species of bacteria were found in tile floors – most of which came from people’s shoes. These bacteria can lead to infections in your eyes, stomach and lungs.
Tips for Keeping Dirty Grout & Tile Smells at Bay
After having your tile and grout cleaned professionally, there are a variety of things you can do to prevent smells from invading your floors again.
- Don’t smoke inside of your home
- Clean your restroom and around the toilet with an active enzyme
- Wipe up spills right away to prevent the floors from absorbing them
- Keep trash cans off your tile and grout
- Don’t allow people to walk in your home with shoes on
- Schedule follow-up professional tile and grout cleanings at least once a year
Don’t let dirty tile and grout get you down! Use these tips, and call The Grout Medic for regular deep grout cleanings!